Isn't it great to save money and save on packaging? Come see all 250+bulk herbs, spices, and teas that are available - pick and choose in any quantity you like! Say goodbye to stale and flavorless spices and wake up your taste buds. Even if you are just a salt and pepper kind of person, you can find specialty salts and peppers in colors white, black, pink, or red! Feel free to bring in your own container to reduce waste even more. Our pre-packaged bulk dried fruits, nuts, seeds and snacks are also included in the sale!
How do we love bulk foods? Let us count the ways:
- Organic bulk foods on average cost 89% less than their packaged counterparts. Bulk foods also prevent a significant amount of packaging from entering landfills.
- Bulk goods require less overall transportation to deliver to consumers. Bulk foods do not require the packaging components that must be produced and transported prior to being filled. And the transportation of bulk product to retailers is efficient because it can be packed more densely on a truck.
- The manufacture of paper and cardboard pulls trees from our forests, dumps contaminated water into our streams and uses enormous amounts of energy resulting in egregious levels of CO2 emissions pumped into our atmosphere.
- Food packaging may limit a consumer’s ability to buy in quantities desired which can result in food surplus and ultimately waste.
- Although most natural food companies sell their food products in recyclable packaging, there are still some food companies that use non-recyclable materials. And some consumers choose not to recycle which creates additional burden in our country’s landfills.
- Packaging often limits a consumer’s ability to actually see the product they are buying.